Shelby Main Street promotes the responsible development and retention of our downtown business and cultural community.
The vision of Shelby Main Street is to make our downtown a vibrant, prosperous and growing community where people want to live, work and play.
SHELBY MAIN STREET
The Shelby Main Street Corporation is a long-term member of the Kentucky Main Street Program. Our program is also accredited by Main Street America. It is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote the responsible development of our downtown community. We concentrate our efforts on business development, planning, promotion, historic preservation and economic restructuring. Funding by the City of Shelbyville and Shelby County Government is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of community leaders enthusiastic about Shelbyville.
- Develop a commercial core that is readily accessible and convenient to pedestrians.
- Diversify and expand economic opportunities in the downtown area.
- Reinforce downtown as the focal point for civic, government, religious and social activity.
- Conserve the community’s historic, architectural and natural resources.
- Focus on design quality and site planning.
- Improve pedestrian movement and parking.